The Central Florida Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association offers to its members a multitude of benefits, described in this page and subsidiary links. Perhaps the greatest benefit of joining rests in the ability to socialize and interact with fellow members who in addition to living in Central Florida have at least one other thing in common: Penn State Pride. Dues are only $20 per year for both individuals and families.
Of the $20 dues, a full $5 is allocated to the Joint Trustees' Endowment Fund.
Among the many benefits:
- Weekly e-mail notification of football viewing parties
- Admission to special members-only munchie bars before certain games
- Special pricing for speaking engagements (recent speakers included Coaches McQueary and Bradley)
- Access to purchase local bowl tickets (when PSU is invited to play in them)
- Capital One Bowl and Champs Sports Bowl tailgates (when PSU is invited to play in them)
- Private invitations to other Florida bowl tailgates (when PSU is invited to play in them)
- Notifications of and invitations to other Penn State events taking place throughout Florida (e.g., President Spanier and AD Curley's speaking engagement, PSU's Singing Lions, PSU baseball, PSU gymnastics, etc.)
- Special invitation to Florida Citrus Sports' Feast on the 50 party
- Networking, networking, networking with other local Penn Staters (and other Big Ten alumni)
- Special events such as Alumni Night at the Rays
Join or renew NOW!
Football Viewing Parties
Viewing parties are held at Miller's Ale House in Winter Park for each football game.
Joint Trustees' $50K Endowment Challenge
Our Chapter is in discussions with the Tri-County Florida Chapter (a/k/a our friends from The Villages) to make a commitment to raise $50,000 for a Trustee Matching Endowment. Read more about it here.
The annual Kickoff Picnic is held in August in conjunction with other Big Ten alumni associations. In 2011, we will be taking a year off from picnics to have a special night of baseball with the Tampa Bay Rays.
New t-shirts are coming. Please watch this site for details!
The Chapter awards a book scholarship to a deserving Central Florida Penn State student each year.